BS Civil Engineering Complete Guide 2024
Civil engineers have great creativity and skills in planning and implementing construction plans. The area of civil engineering and construction is concerned with the production and supervision of building projects such as houses, highways, bridges, railways, etc. It is one of the oldest fields of engineering, and civil engineering plays an important role in fulfilling the basic needs of human beings. The fundamental basis for initiating every new project is given by civil engineers. The degree in BS Civil Engineering allows students to learn about building safety requirements as well as construction regulations. The goal of the program is to develop a future generation of highly qualified engineers and researchers with the vision of evaluating, assessing, and designing the framework of engineering and the capacity to respond effectively to customers, consultants, and contractors.
BS Civil Engineering Course
The BS Civil Engineering degree program is designed to assist the students to become engineering role models in industry and academia. Special focus is provided to graduates by giving them a strong background in scientific, technical, mathematical, and professional skills. The students are taught the curriculum consisting of different subjects such as mathematics, physics, and material sciences; though the main focus remains on core civil engineering courses to offer a complete insight into this program.
Civil Engineering In Pakistan Requirements:
To get admission to the BS Civil engineering eligibility criteria is defined for the students. The candidates that fulfill the BS civil engineering criteria are only eligible to apply to this degree program.
- Intermediate with 50% marks with the science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) is the main requirement to apply for BS Civil Engineering
- Combined entry test such as ECAT or another entrance test as per the rules of the institute in which the student is interested to apply, is also necessary to attempt.
Civil Engineering Subjects in Pakistan
The students who want to get admission into the BS civil engineering in Pakistan are recommended to check the major subjects in this course. BS Civil engineering is an undergraduate course in which the students have to study for four years including eight semesters. Different universities offer diverse study schemes for the BS Civil engineering course program but some of the major subjects are written down.
- Civil Engineering Drawing
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Mechanics
- Numerical Analysis
- Construction Management
- Structural Analysis
- Project & Contract Management
- Construction Materials
- Elementary Surveying
- Pavement & Foundation Engineering
- Engineering Hydrology
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Irrigation Engineering
- Civil Engineering Construction & Graphics
- Islamic & Pak Studies/Ethics
BS Civil Engineering Fee Structure
The BS Civil Engineering fee structure of various universities of Pakistan is mentioned in the table below. So check the details and range of the fee for the private and the government institutes.
The Islamia University Of Bahawalpur
International Islamic University
National University Of Science & Technology
National University Of Technology
Mehran University Of Engineering & Technology
Ned University Of Engineering & Technology
Baluchistan University Of Engineering & Technology
University Of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
Mirpur University Of Science And Technology
Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
Nfc Institute Of Engineering & Technology
Quaid-e-Azam University Of Engineering, Sciences & Technology
University Of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar
Baluchistan University Of IT & Management Sciences
Khawaja Fareed University Of Engineering & Information Technology
Scope of civil engineering in Pakistan
The civil engineers basically deal with the infrastructure projects. They are appointed for the construction of bridges, buildings, tunnels, water supply systems, dams, sewerage disposal, etc. In construction projects, they play a pivotal role in designing and management. Moreover, they also plan the surveys and supervise the teams for the efficient implementation of the proposed plans. The technical issues in the projects are tackled by them. So the demand for civil engineers is rising. The engineers maintain and renovate the ancient buildings and roads. To manage the traffic in the big cities the government is upgrading the roads so civil engineers are the basic need for such projects. So the scope of civil engineering is fundamental in Pakistan.
Job Opportunities After BS Civil Engineering in Pakistan
The following are some of the BS civil engineering job opportunities for engineers in this field. The list assures a wide scope of civil engineering in Pakistan.
- Civil Engineer Consultant
- Civil Project Engineer
- Quality Control Engineer
- Internee Site Engineer
- Senior Engineer
- Senior Supervisory Engineer
- Professional city Engineer
- Chief Engineer
- Deputy Engineer
- Area Engineer
- Construction Manager
- Professional Project Manager
- Civil Maintenance Engineer
- Internee Civil Engineer
Universities Offering BS Civil Engineering in Pakistan
Because of the demand for civil engineering in Pakistan, various universities offer a BS degree in this respective domain. Following is the list of top institutes offering civil engineering in Pakistan.
- National University of Science & Technology
- University of Engineering and Technology
- Quaid-e-Azam University Of Engineering & Technology
- CECOS University
- The University Of Faisalabad
- Mehran University of Engineering & Technology
- Bahauddin Zakariya University
- Sarhad University of Science & Information Technology
- NED University of Engineering & Technology
- Nfc Institute Of Engineering & Technology
- Mirpur University Of Science And Technology
What are the Civil Engineers Areas of Employment?
There is a huge scope of civil engineers in both the private as well as public sectors in Pakistan. Following are some of the areas of employment for civil engineers in Pakistan:
- Building and Construction Companies
- Energy and power plants
- Geotechnical companies
- Coastal and Marine Industries
- Housing societies
- Roads, highways, and bridge constructors
- Contractors and consultant companies
What is the salary of a fresh civil engineering graduate?
The salary of the fresh civil engineering graduate is approximately 25,000/- to 30,000/-per month. But the demand adds with the years of experience. Once the engineer gets into the field, then with the passage of time his worth increases.
How much a civil engineer earns in Pakistan?
Following are the salary trends of a civil engineer:
Which course is best for a specialization in civil engineering?
The students after the completion of graduation can choose different areas to specialize in. Some of the areas are mentioned below.
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Civil Infrastructure Engineering
- Structural Engineering and Materials
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Transportation Infrastructure and Systems Engineering
- Environmental and Water Resources Engineering